Thursday, March 31, 2016

Boudin - San Francisco

San Francisco is one of my all time favorite places to visit.  I was fortunate having a client there for a few years in that I was able to visit frequently.  And no trip to San Fran is complete without picking up the world's famous sourdough bread from Boudin on Fisherman's Wharf.  It's an amazing place where you can see them make the bread, eat in the restaurant, and pick up a loaf (or three!).  And they don't just make the standard sourdough shaped loaf - they have so many different shaped loaves from teddy bears to crabs, grape bunches and alligators, even turkeys for Thanksgiving!  YUM!

To celebrate my last trip there, I created this layout using Sketch 197 for March Flashback Friday from ScrapbookChallenges.com.  They have the greatest collection of sketches and I am so pleased I recently found them!  I went very simple with this one forsaking all the embellishments I often add and using only a few layers.  I used my Silhouette to try to emulate the actual Boudin logo name; the papers are an old My Minds Eye collection ("On the Sunny Side") as I continue to dig through my stash. 

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. I really like your take on the sketch! So great - Thanks for playing at SBC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bread...my weakness..good thing we don't have anything like that here! Great story and take on the challenge! kate (SBC)

    ReplyDelete