When we lived in England, one of our favorite things to do was drive in the country. We would go out for a day trip, a 3-day trip or a 3-week trip. It didn't matter - just give my husband a destination and map and he will find some of the most obscure routes to go and interesting stops along the way. Just make sure you aren't on a timeline!
One of the many excursions was a multi-day journey through southwest England including Exmoor. British moors are such a unique landscape with rolling hills, thistle, nettles, and all kinds of flora and fauna. One constant in nearly all the British moors tends are moor ponies. These are wild or semi-feral horses that are a bit shorter and fatter than a typical horse and quite friendly - while you may not be able to go up and pet them, they won't shy away from you either. The Exmoor variety is considered endangered. The day we were there we came across three including a foal. It was a precious site. I so miss living in England and having the opportunity to explore the ever-fascinating countryside.
- Sketch: Grand Diva's Creative Corner April Sketch Challenge (I rotated the sketch)
- Journal Card: inspired by Rochelle Spears This or That challenge
- Background: Fancy Pants Me-Ology
- Scraps: My Minds Eye Collectible
- Photo Mats: Bazzill cardstock
- Stars: Maya Road stick pins (I hate these things as they are so high and don't sit flat but they were given to me so I will use them!)
- Letters: Jennie Bowlin chipboard
- Journal Card: Project Life Cat collection
- Papers edged with Distress Ink - Pumice Stone