Friday, September 27, 2013

My Scraps & More Sketch # 47

Here's another for My Scraps & More weekly sketch challenge  This layout was also inspired by a challenge at Soul Scrappers to use inspiraiton from one of several photos from Argentina.  That was easy one since one of them immediately made me think of a photo I took of a home and wall on Venice Beach that was super bright and colorful.

So with sketch in hand and great photo, I began and quite quickly hit a wall.  The colors in the photo were so bright that no combinaiton of papers seemed to work - not even basic white/balck.  UNTIL I saw this paper from Glitz's new Wild & Free line and it worked perfectly (I think) AND I got the whole collection for only $9 during a Hobby Lobby sale.  Yes, I know I have been going a little pink/teal crazy lately but, hey - when it works, go with it :-)
 



Supplies:
  • Paper:  Glitz Wild & Free; Colorbok Hopscotch; vellum
  • Tags:  Pebbles Cards & Pockets; DCWV Itsy Bitsy tag stack (LOVE THESE!); Echo Park Memos; Recollections journal card pad; Chic Tags
  • Other stickers and die cuts:  Basic Greay Capture stickers; Elle's Studio Sweet Life cutouts; Elle's Studio Lil' Snippets labels; October Afternoon Travel Girl Tidbits
  • Enamel Dots:  MME Sweetest Thing; MME Find Your Wings
  • Brads:  Studio Calico Snippets
  • Clip:  Lawn Fawn
  • Stamps:  Studio Calico; Glitz Wild & Free roller stamp
  • Alphas:  Lily Bee Designs Buttercup
  • Lily Bee Designs letter stickers – Buttercup; Thickers Iguana; Thickers Hooray; Thickers Emma
  • Twine:  Pink Paislee

1 comment: