Monday, February 4, 2013

Radiant Smiles

I took this photo of my daughter last July 4 - while her smile is a tad forced, it's still a smile which is a lot to get out of the now teenager!  She hates having her photo taken and hates even more the fact that she knows it will end up in my scrapbook and on my blog!  So to me, ANY smile from her is radiant!

The overall design of the layout was inspired by an ad challenge at A Cherry on Top - I translated the diminishing potato chip bags into strips of paper and used misting and a hand-made mask for the "beams of light" coming from the photo.  I don;t typically mix my alphas in my titles but I love how it came out and love how it helps use up those half-consumed alpha packets!  You'll probably see more mixed-alpha titles from me in the coming weeks :-)


Ingredients:
  • Papers are all Fancy Pants Good Life collection (love love love the red, yellow, and black in that collection) except the polka dot which is just Hobby Lobby
  • Mist:  Dylusions and Ditto using mask I created on my Silhouette
  • Alphas:  Thickers (Vera, Hardcover, and Doll) 
  • Embellishments:
    • Fancy Pants Good Life dimensional stickers
    • Chipboard heart from Close to my Heart covered in red paper and Glossy Accents
    • Tag printed and cut on Silhouette Cameo; background of tag is a chipboard tag from Close to My Heart painted with red acrylic paint



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your stories, Lisa!!

    Although a forced smile, at least you got one. It's a cute picture of your daughter.

    You are SO creative - I love the design of this layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you work is stunning! Loving this page and all the details you put into it.

    ReplyDelete