Saturday, October 6, 2012

Remember the Days of the Old Schoolyard

My daughter started middle school last year - perfect photo opp, right?  NO!!!!  She did everything in her power to prevent any photos.  Stubborn Mom persevered and got what little I could (and then sat on the photos for a year....)



The papers are from Close to My Heart (Elementals, Stella, and Dotty for You) and MME Stella (the mat for the photos).  The buttons are courtesy of MME Stella Rose and Lost and Found and fit in perfectly with Scrap Fit's Warm Up #52 Buttons or Bows (I'm quite the fan of their blog).  I may reposition them to be above the word "Science" as I am not sure about their placement once I say it in the photo... amazing how frequently I second guess myself when I write my blog posts....

Behind the photos is a word art die cut paper with school subjects that I picked up at a scrapping convention last year.  Unfortunately, it was black and just wasn't working with the papers and photos.  So I pulled out my acrylic paints and mixed up a shade of grey that matched the paper.  I then trimmed selected words from the paper and painted those as well, in shades of blue, green, and rust that matched subtle colors in the background paper.


And I can't forget to mention the tiny text in the bottom left.  These little letters are from Lily Bee Design and was a labor of love to work with the tweezers to get each of those little letters on there!  All for Scrap Friendzy's October Challenge # 3 to use lyrics from a song!  To be honest, I had the title planned long before I saw the challenge - it's one of my favorite songs and keeps me company as part of my Spotify playlist I play as I scrap.

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome page! I love the laser cut word background design...perfect for a school page :) Love those buttons, too! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! My girls run from the camera on the first day of school too. Great buttons and word art die cut paper.
    Thanks for playing along at ScrapFIT

    ReplyDelete