So, onto the layout! I'm on a bit of a banner kick at the moment and when I came across this photo from my archives, I thought it would work great with a bannered title. The April challenge sketch at My Sketch World provided the layout inspiration worked in great - and boy was that bumper car going! Ha Ha.
To go with the banner, I have these great alpha stickers from Close to My Heart that I've been waiting to use - they are white with a subtle resist pattern on them that makes them great for stamping. My using several different inks I was able to get the perfect shade to coordinate with the paper (though you can't tell from the photo). I really recommend them - so flexible when you want your letters to be a specific color. You can get them in my shop here. The banner was made using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge - this cartridge is awesome with soooooo many shapes, overlays, boxes, tags, even a cute font. It is only available from Close to My Heart and comes with 3 sets of coordinating stamps AND 3 sets of coordinating chipboard tags. Check it out here. The full recipe for this layout is below .
Other challenges for this layout:
- My Craft Spot is "Things That Go"
- Fantabulous Cricut #108 (On The Go)
- Amanda's Crafts #15 - Banners and Pendants
Don't forget the blog hop - Saturday April 28 from 7am to 9pm CST. Lot's of AMAZING prizes!
- Printed Paper - K&Company Wild Saffron collection
- Cardstock - K&Company Color Basics
- Banner - Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge
- Letters - Close to My Heart Irresistables
- Ink on letters - Close to My Heart Cranberry; Olive, and Cocoa
- Twine - Sew Easy
- Smile - care of Bush Gardens, Tampa