Friday, March 16, 2012

Birds of a Feather

I am rushing to get some projects done while I have a few days off from work for spring break (I use my daughter as an excuse for taking the time off and then seemingly neglect her while I lock myself in my craft room ! )

This project was inspired by a challenge hosted by one of the great ladies over at Sketches4All.  Rosey's theme for her "I Hear the Birds Chirping" challenge was to make something with birds.  It was perfect given the warm weather here in the Dallas area allowing me to have the windows open to hear all the birds singing.  And as we live on a park, I was listening to a few kids playing and laughing which made me think of doing a layout of my daughter and one of her friends - they always seemed to be screeching like birds (with happiness of course) when they played together!

Recipe:
  • Cardstock = unknown (general stash)
  • Printed paper = Recollections Bold Basics paper stack (love the colors and coordinating prints but the paper is so thin)
  • Die Cuts = free SVG files I found online (SVGCuts.com, I think) for the birds and flowers cut on Cricut
  • Brad in center of flower = Paper Studio
  • Title = alphabet brads from Paper Studio
  • Background of title = self-created SVG file cut on Cricut

No comments:

Post a Comment