Friday, May 10, 2013

Rockstar


I know - you're thinking WOAH!  That's bright!   Yup!  AND its a lot of pink.  AND it has GLITTER!  Have aliens invaded my body?  No - just changing it up a bit.  The yellow in the photo was not working well with mre muted papers so I said "go for it!"  And yes, I have been using pink a lot more lately.  It is really growing on me, especially when paired with teal.  So that leaves the supper-glittered title without an explanation.  There isn't one - you just have to get out of your comfort zone now and then and this photo was the perfect opportunity.

Lots of inspiration this week with NSD challenges, new monthly challenges, and all kinds of other great stuff!  First to mention was a scraplift challenge at A Cherry On Top where paper crafters had to scrap a digital layout.  I chose one with a bold star burst pattern in the background to lift.  The next inspiration was from 2 Broke Girls who have awesome sketches.  I used the sketch for NSD Sketch #6 challenge.  And finally, I can't leave out the scrappy Friends including Kristi B.  Her challenge this month is to include a logo.  Given how wonderful we look, I chose The X Factor.

Ingredients:
  • Paper:  
    • Echo Park Style Essentials
    • Echo Park Everyday Eclectic 
    • MME Stella and Rose
    • Close to My Heart Dotty for You
  • Stickers:
    • Pink Chevron Border stickers (cut to smaller pieces) - Pebbles
    • Little flowers - Happy Pear jelly stickers
  • Alphas - Thickers Hooray
  • Other embellishments:
    • Elle's Studio Sweet Life Cutouts (love these for the variety and great value)
    • SMASH page tabs
    • Star stick pin - Maya Road

Scraplifted this digital design from A Cherry on Top gallery
 
Used this sketch from 2 Broke Girls




No comments:

Post a Comment