Friday, April 12, 2013

More great layouts of Wales

I have many, many photos of the Welsh countryside as we often visited there when we lived in the UK and still visit family there.  It is such a beautiful place.  This is a view of the River Dee from the top of a hill near Llangollen where my husband spent a lot of time walking/hiking when he was there this past summer and fall caring for his Dad after heart surgery.




The addition of the pops of red may seem a bit random but I was determined to include the Welsh dragon die cut I created on my Silhouette which would be sacrilegious in any color other than red.  When I added it, it was just hanging all by itself so I tried to pull in a few additional touches of red to get some sort of balance.  The last minute placement of the stamped "Inspiration" image is not good but unlike paper,once it's there, it's all she wrote!  I will remember next time to stamp on a piece of transparency first to play with positioning...


As I love to combine challenges to constantly push myself, I made no exception here:


2 comments:

  1. Another great page Lisa! Love the double stitched circle, the layering of the tags and stamping! Awesome job combining all of the challenges! Thank you for participating at GCC and the other CScrappy Friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this page!!!! Especially since I am Welsh too - miss the UK and those rolling hills! Love the welsh dragon and all those tags! Thanks for joining us at the scrappy friends challenges this month :-D

    ReplyDelete