The addition of the pops of red may seem a bit random but I was determined to include the Welsh dragon die cut I created on my Silhouette which would be sacrilegious in any color other than red. When I added it, it was just hanging all by itself so I tried to pull in a few additional touches of red to get some sort of balance. The last minute placement of the stamped "Inspiration" image is not good but unlike paper,once it's there, it's all she wrote! I will remember next time to stamp on a piece of transparency first to play with positioning...
As I love to combine challenges to constantly push myself, I made no exception here:
- Sketch is from Brenda Ragsdale for her monthly Scrappy Friends challenge at Grand Diva's Creative Corner (image below)
- Stitching, the a chain punch on top of one of the papers, and the use of different alphas for the title, subtitle and date are inspired by Kerys' recipe portion of the Scrappy Friends challenge at Scrappin' Happy.
- The red Welsh dragon is a nod to Krist B's "Something that Flies" Scrappy Friends challenge.
- The multitude of tags including one that has my journaling is inspired by Jessica's 3+ Tags challenge at Sketches4All
- 2 Broke Girls have a recipe challenge this month that I am submitting this to as does A Cherry on Top
- And last but definitely not least is the title inspiration for Mary Steinmetz' "D & E" challenge at Soul Scrappers