Monday, December 17, 2012

Hybrid Scrapping

While everyone seems to be going digital, I am still holding out - if only because of my excessively large supply of paper :-)    BUT, I am occasionally playing around with hybrid scrapping - in this case, using digital papers on a traditional layout.  I took the easy way out and simply used Word to create the hearts, journaling circle, and mats and then filled the shapes with the digital images, print and hand cut.  Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!  (As easy as it was, though, I am looking forward to getting my Silhouette Cameo where I can do all the print and cut semi-automatically).

The use of digital paper is perfect for Hiding in My Craft Room #76 Go Digital challenge.  The specific papers I chose were inspired by Paper Secret's color challenge, though I did swap in a charcoal grey rather than the moss color.  To play up more of the light grey, I created my own embellishment by wrapping twine inside one of the hearts.  Very fussy to create but love the results.  The sketch was based on My Scrap & More Sketch #7 challenge and the twine-wrapped heart is perfect for ACOTs' December Trends & Techniques challenge.

The photos, by the way, are of my daughter buried in paper as we unpacked after moving to the great state of Texas - can't believe we've been here 8 years when the plan was no more than 2 years!  Ha ha.

Enjoy!










8 comments:

  1. Cute LO...love the heart made of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great page! Thanks for playing along with our sketch at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable page! Love your twine heart! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet page! Love all the hearts and the twine heart is great! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super layout. Love the hybrids you are doing an amazing job what a great layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page! love how you made that heart with twine! Thanks for playing along with PS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice layout..I don't do digital scrapbooking alot but just dabble. Good job!

    ReplyDelete