Monday, October 8, 2012

Photos from the Past



I have been sorting through many old photo boxes and albums and one by one, scanning them to create digital copies.  This one is when my daughter was just 21 days old.  It worked perfectly for the Grand Diva's Sketch challenge, though I did flip the sketch, more out of necessity since the photo had a date on it in the lower right corner that I wanted to cover with the flowers.   


I'm also using this layout for Scrap Friendzy's October challenge #2 where I had to pick 5 things to include.  My choices were:
  1. No pattern papers - instead, I added color and pattern with cardstock, subtle misting, and two beautiful stamps from Close to My Heart (Baroque Borders) inked in Pumice Stone and Aged Mahogany
  2. Ribbon - rather than have the horizontal banner under the photo in the sketch, I used two pieces of ivory silk and organza ribbon
  3. Twine - to add to the ribbon pieces, I added two strands of burgundy twine (floss, actually) between the two pieces of ribbon
  4. Bling - I added tiny pearls to the flourishes and the stamped corner images
  5. Misting - I misted the corners as well as the frame, flourish, title, and one of the Petaloo flowers.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love those flowers. Your daughter is adorable in this pic.
    Thanks for sharing my giveaway! Good luck!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Lisa! Love your layout! Thanks for taking the sketch challenge at GCC this month!

    ReplyDelete