Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happiness Is...a Mid-Life Crisis

I suppose I should be pleased that (a) my husband waited until he was 44 for his mid-life crisis and (b) I now have more subject matter to scrap.  But a motorcycle??????

This is actually a hybrid page - the papers are all from a digital paper set called Moody Blues from Shabby Princesss.  The title is Thickers (of course), the sub-title was created in Word, and I added some alpha brads, big silver Bazzill brads and some twine from Jillibean Soup.  Haven't decided yet where to put the journaling - probaly along the bottom...I tend to do very little journaling beyond the date so who knows.

The great sketch is from Sketch~N~Scrap #16 challenge.  I am going to also give this a go for the Aud Sentiment challenge that is Funny Sentiments.  This is about as funny as I can muster!  The extensive use of the digital papers and the sub-title created in Word makes it a great entry into the I Brake for Challenges "Use a Digital Image" challenge this month.  Since this is my "boy", it will be my entry into Scrapping Everyday Miracles "Lets Hear it for the Boys" challenge.  The use of the hoarded Thickers is for Use it Tuesday #39, and finally, the greys and blues are inspired by ScrapFit Workout #76.












19 comments:

  1. Great layout! Love the big brads, they really set off the pics! Great choice of colors as well! Thanks for joining us this month at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sista! My DH just bought a bike to!!!! Arghhhhhhhh!
    Ok, I'm done. Now to your layout. Great title! You rocked the color challenge.
    Thanks for working out with us at ~ScrapFIT~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those digital papers are awesome! Great layout, perfect use of the sketch and yep, it is pretty funny. It will probably be even more funny in the years to come when he looks back and asks "What was I thinking?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally loving the LO. all the elements work great together and I'm glad you dug into your stash to join us at Use it Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card love the images and the sentiment, thank you for joining us at aud sentiments this fortnight, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Layout! Thanks so much for sharing and participating in the Sketch N Scrap Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous layout! I love the sentiment and colour coordination! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha, I think your title is funny! Love your layout, the colours look great. Thanks for joining in at ScrapFIT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, way to combine the challenges! Love your title! Thanks for joining us at Sketch~N~Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha, love the title! You seem to have a great outlook on the whole thing. Now just tell him to stay safe...from all of us :) Thanks for linking up with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout, and great subject! :) I hope that you enjoy the new bike with your husband and great job with the challenge! Thank you for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great topic---love the title :) Great job incorporating the challenge colors into your layout. Thanks for working out with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is super cool I just love how you took on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The title with the photos makes me laugh because I can so relate (my hubby got a bike last year:)). Thanks so much for joining in the challenge this month at SEM...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny - I seem to have hit a chord with this subject :-)

      Delete
  15. love the design and colors! thanks for joining our challenge at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing your story and art with us at SEM! You brought a chuckle to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the theme and the colors it really made the photos pop!

    ReplyDelete