Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dream Big with Verve and Mud Puddles

Alota Rubber Stamps had a challenge to be inspired by Paella.  Who would have thought you could create a card from a Spanish dish!  I took inspiration from two things in the dish.  First, the warm, rich colors of the yellow rice and lemons, red from the peppers and green from the beans.  Second, the ingredients itself - seafood as depicted in one of the patterned papers.  The sketch is from I {Heart} to Stamp and the sentiment is from Verve

In keeping with the theme of the sea, I used MuddPuddles behind the sentiment to create sand.  I came across it at a scrapbook convention in Dallas and have been dying to use it.  This stuff is so cool!  Both the sand and the shells in the paper make this a great choice for MyGrafico's Beach theme this week.  And I can't leave Diana out - it's here birthday over at DL.arts so submitting this for her birthday party!

Enjoy (I am off to find some Paella ....)







2 comments:

  1. Wonderfull card :) thanks for joining our Challenge and we hope to see you back for our new one :)
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and great sketch. Have a great Monday Happy Birthday to you to.
    Thanks for joining my challenge.

    ReplyDelete