Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Old Friends

Hey gang!  It's layout time again with more to come.  I had a very busy weekend with friends from out of town, soccer torunaments, bringing my daughter to her first rock concert (mor eon that one in a future post), and then bringing her to soccer camp for the week.  So as busy as it was, it gave me new material for my scrapbooks.

In this case, it was a very dear friend (former colleague) who flew in from Atlanta.  That of course led to us getting lots of old friends and colleagues together and a very late night of catching up and reminiscing.  Had a blast (though I didn't quite feel very perky for an 8am soccer game the next morning....)

The layout was based on a sketch by Rochelle Spears for the June Paper Secrets sketch challenge - I love her sketches and layouts!  I'm also using this for the Camp Friendzy Bonus Challenge #2 Rips and Tears.  I am also giving it a go for Pile it On #26 Hand Made Embellishments - the calendar embellishment is effectively hadmade (see recipe below).  Party Time Tuesday is running and Anything Goes challenge - giv it a try - its a fun site.  And last but not least, PaperPlay Challenges #77 is about die cuts which covers the mats I used with die cuts from My Time Made Easy cutting files.

Scrol down for the recipe


Recipe:
  • Papers from My Minds Eye, Paper Loft (Serendipity collection), and Scrap Within Reach (Elliot collection)
  • Matt is from a cutting file from My Time Made Easy (Likker Curves file)
  • Metal embelishments (pewter "badges") from Close to My Heart (click here to purchase)
  • Silk Flowers from Spare Parts (Hobby Lobby)
  • Letters from Thickers
  • Calendar embellishments is from image I found on Google printed on distressed cardstock, cut with ragged edge scissors, and then inked up even more.  I then circled the date of the photo with a metallic gel marker
  • Sticker sentiments from Studio112

  • 

2 comments:

  1. Great layout. I so need to start making some!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout!!!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete