I had fun making this, with my daughter advising me the whole way! I had a fun spool of fuchsia ribbon on clearance from Michael's so I started with that as my color. I wanted to keep it a little simple so rather than use patterned paper, I embossed the background and then simply stamped a pattern onto the flower I cut on my Cricut (the flower pattern is an SVG cutting file from Platypus Creek Digitals). I created the title in MTC using Brinlea font and embossed that as well, using a button for the "o". Both buttons are recycled from my daughter's old clothes; the white, fuchsia, and little piece of light pink cardstock is scraps from other projects.
Challenges (I know - list looks crazy but there were so many Mother's Day challenges...)
EDIT - somehow I left out Creative Cutter Room challenge! I linked up myu project to their site but neglected to call them out here. Sorry, ladies!
- Platypus Creek Digitals - # 5 Bling it Up
- Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - Recycled Item (the buttons)
- Tuesday Alchemy - Inspried by May Day (flowers)
- My Sheri Crafts - Mother's Day (Flowers)
- Hiding in My Craft Room - Mother's Day
- CARDZ TV # 107 - Mother's Day
- Delightful Sketches - Mother's Day
- DoubleClick (aka aBusyBee) - Mother's Day
- My Craft Spot # 54 - Mother's Day
- Cooking with Cricut/Paper Crafting World - Mother's Day
- Shopping our Stash # 50 - Mother's Day
- Crafty Ribbons # 18 - Pink, Yellow, Orange (fuchsia)
- Totally Papercrafts - Saturated Colors (fuchsia)
- Card Patterns - Sketch 163
- The Cuttlebug Spot - Flowers for Mom
- Paper Variety - handmade flowers
- Little Scrap Pieces - Use a bow (bow in the center of the button)
- My Sketch World - Majo's Button Card challenge
- Crazy 4 Challenges - Paper Piecing (the title and the flower, of course)
- 4 Crafty Chicks - Favorite Embellishment (embossing and flowers)
The sketch I adapted from Card Patterns is below. I substituted the title for the banner, used the flower rather than the bow, and omitted the flower tag in favor of the button in the title.