Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last of the Thank You Cards

All the cards for my DD teachers are now done just in time for the last day of school!  It was fun, as I haven't had a chance to do a lot of crafting lately.  This one is for the trumpet teacher - her only male teacher so I had to back off on the bows and bling, though I couldn't resist using some ribbon I have had for years and never used.  I also got out some Thickers I was hoarding.  Why is it we all love Thickers so much that we seem too afraid to use them?  Thanks to Use it Tuesday for giving me the kick I needed to use it before I loose it :-)  Finally, I used a piece of cork left over from a recent project as well as some twine, brass brads, and embossed cardstock from Bazzil.  Stamp is from Close to My Heart.


Challenges:


Here's the sketch I used from from Card Patterns challenge:

4 comments:

  1. Perfect card and a great sentiment to thank the teacher! Glad you dug into your stash to play along with us at UIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa! Love this card! I mean really, really, really! I might have to stael this one. The colors and texture rock! This SO looks like a card I would make.
    Thanks for your comment. I'm so excited to be designing for Unique Crafters. I remember when they had their Try to see if Fran wants to meet you for the convention. I'm in the middle of the class reunion and having a blast! Hope to see you in Sept. for the Blogger Boot Camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cissy! Isn't the cork cool? I don't now why I let it sit in my stash for so long - can;t have anything to do with the fact that I simply have too much stuff... no... couldn't be....

      I remember you mentioning the reunion - I'm sure you're having a blast!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Card!! Thanks for joining us at CardPatterns.

    ReplyDelete