Monday, April 9, 2012

Mojo Monday and Scraps Challenges

For this week's Mojo Monday challenge, I kept everything clean and simple.  In fact, I didn't even use patterned paper.  Instead, I created the pattern with stamps including a $1 stamp for the dollar bin at Michael's.  I altered the sketch a bit by turning it sideways, having the ribbon trim run perpendicular to the color blocks, and then putting the medallion in the center rather than in the corner.

The many layers make it a great candidate for this week's challenge at Paper Pretties - even the flower in the center is multi-layered with the pink edge layered on top of the green scallop base!




And as an extra challenge from Sketches4All, Stacy Harper-Watson challenged us to make a card with nothing but scraps from my stash!  All paper was left over from other projects - even the black punched border used as one set of color blocks from the sketch was left over from a project (though I did run it through my embosser for this card).  The center medallion was punched with EK Success punch; the leaves were left over from another project.  The tiny sentiment stamp is from Close to My Heart.  Take a look at what I started with and be inspired to not throw away scraps unecessarily and then to actual go into your stash and use them :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa! Thanks for the sweet comment you left me!
    I just love, love, love the colours you used for your Mojo Monday card - so crisp and clean and theat black really pops!

    ReplyDelete