Beautiful day here in Dallas! My daughter has two soccer games back to back today that I should be at, but I admit to being selfish and wanting a little ME time. After three hours of laundry and four hours of shopping with a 12-year old girl who has developed a shoe fetish, I needed a break! (Not to mention I am in denial about having another 5-6 hours of work to complete a project for a client tomorrow....keep calm and stamp on!) Ha Ha.
So what inspired me today? Beyond the sunshine, this afternoon's project started with a little old square epoxy brad I won in a challenge over at Sketches4All (thanks, Cheryl!). I loved the colors and the flower and ideas started popping up. Then, I saw last week's sketch for Viva La Verve along with my new Dotty For You paper from Close to My Heart and the ideas were germinating! And finally, the challenges at Paper Players Challenge and Ribbon Carousel's Anything Goes gave me the final fertilizer!
The Tic Tac Toe board from Paper Players Challenge that helped pull it all together was as follows (I managed to get 8 out of the 9 boxes):
- Cardstock = Recollections; Paper Studio
- Patterned Paper = Close to My Heart Dotty for You; Paper Studio Old World
- Embossing on flower pot = Cuttlebug Houndstooth
- Stamp = Studio 18
- Ink = Studio G; Color Box Chalk
- Cutting files = Flowers by Shery K Designs; flower pot is a self-made creation
- Bling = Paper Studio Affinity
- Ric Rac = Wal-Mart